Nine out of ten seniors over 65 want to “age in place” – live independently in their own homes as long as possible without giving up their freedom and independence. But as seniors age, they are at higher risk for in-home injuries, as their balance, eyesight, and flexibility are reduced by age. As a result, one in three seniors falls each year. Many of these falls result in serious injury, particularly hip fractures and head trauma. Sadly, of the seniors hospitalized for hip fractures, 40 percent never return home or live independently again!
Here’s the good news –
With just some essential home modifications, some as simple as non-slip pads under throw rugs, injuries can be largely prevented, allowing seniors to age in place for many years in their homes’ comfortable, secure surroundings.
Helping seniors remain safe in their homes is vital as the senior population continues to grow. This can be an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to create a senior service business providing home safety checks to enable seniors to stay safe at home. This is an ideal business for an independent person, as you can help others, be your own boss, work flexible hours out of your own home, and – best of all – have little or no competition. Also, because no formal training or expensive equipment is required, you can get started on a shoestring – often just a few hundred dollars.
This guide is a must-have for those just starting. I couldn’t have done it without this book. It covers everything – from finding clients to recordkeeping. Practical, well-organized, and complete. Lynn Wade – California
How much can I make?
Most folks charge between $60 and $200 for each home safety survey, depending on the size of the home. Also, by partnering with local contractors and other service providers, you can earn commissions and referral fees in addition to the income from safety surveys. Making two hundred dollars or more in commissions from each home is common when a contractor does safety modifications. Beyond the earnings potential, you’ll have the satisfaction of helping seniors stay safe and live a better life in their own homes, in addition to the respect you’ll gain in your community from helping local seniors stay safe.
Many of the requests for senior home safety surveys will come from the adult children of seniors, who are concerned about their parent’s safety. By reducing the risks of falls and other accidents at home, both children and seniors will also have less stress in their lives. After all, a severe fall carries a huge emotional cost for both seniors and their families, to say nothing of the sizable health care costs. For example, the average cost of hip fracture care is now over $45,000 and rising yearly.
A senior home safety consulting business can keep you as busy as you wish or provide a generous part-time income. It’s up to you. Because seniors are everywhere, you can provide this essential service in a smaller community or a big city. It requires no formal education or expensive franchise fees, just common sense, honesty, and a desire to help others. Seniors whose physical abilities are in decline require compassion, understanding, and encouragement, plus an extra helping of patience. If you’ve got a big heart, you’ll do well in this business!
It’s a really easy read, with great information and insider secrets, like the tips on how to avoid “elder speak.” It is a must-have for anyone considering starting a senior service business. Bill Rasmussen – Texas
Starting your own senior safety consulting business doesn’t have to be complicated. The expert advice in this step-by-step guidebook will give you the knowledge to begin doing home safety surveys next week. Here are just a few of the techniques, tips, and secrets you’ll discover:
- Start your senior home safety consulting business for just a few hundred dollars.
- How to set up your new business, from licensing to record-keeping.
- How to pick a great name for your business – with 12 ideas to help you get started.
- Do you need a business plan? Read this first, and use this ready-to-go sample plan if needed.
- How to set your rates.
- Why you should never charge by the hour …. and what to do instead.
- How to get free advertising for your new senior home safety business.
- Eleven community sources for free local referrals.
- How to set up a simple 5-page website to promote your new business – complete with a sample site.
- Ready-to-print advertising brochure – “16 Things Seniors Can Do to Reduce Their Risk Of Falls.”
- How to do a senior home safety survey -step-by-step and room-by-room.
- Electrical safety and adequate lighting for seniors – what you need to know.
- Ready-to-print, 10-page, 120-item “Senior Home Safety Checklist.”
- Ready-to-print 5-page “Safety Survey Summary & Recommendations.”
- Best 3 “add-on” profit centers for your senior home safety business.
- How to automatically get a 10% referral fee from contractors – includes a sample letter to use.
- Assistive technology resources for your senior clients.
- Medical alert systems – including “no-fee” systems that can save your customers hundreds of dollars annually.
- Resources for home modifications, free home modifications, and further training.
Senior home safety surveys are the perfect business for anyone, man or woman, young or old, who wants to help others, be in control of their own life, and make a substantial, dependable income, regardless of what the economy is doing. You can make several thousand dollars a year part-time or over $100,000 full-time. It’s all up to you. Our step-by-step guidebook is the key to unlocking your earning potential. Retirement is often called the “golden years,” your future can also be golden, helping local seniors make their homes safer.
Start Your Own Senior Home Safety Consulting Business covers all the essentials to take your business from startup to profitability. Each chapter contains helpful information, trade secrets, and expert tips. There has never been a better time or an easier way to launch your senior home safety business. The guidebook will show you how to start and start making money next week.
The new second edition is now available, with over 40 pages of additional information. You can buy an E-book or a printed book from Amazon.com. The e-book is just $4.95 and is delivered as an instant download, so you can start reading now on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. A printed copy is just $14.95
Click Here to order either version from Amazon.com.